(Junior) Software Engineer
Northpool is a trading company that trades energy. The traders make their decisions using the applications, dashboards and trading software built by their colleagues from the Operations, Data & Analytics department. We are now looking for a (junior) Software Engineer who can further develop and improve our trading software. Does this seem like a job that suits you? Then become a (Junior) Software Engineer at Northpool!
Grasp the opportunity
At the intraday desk of Northpool we trade mainly short-term power which is power that is used on the same day or the day after it is traded.
In this market it is important to act faster than the competition. We have developed trading software that allows traders to setup a (semi-) automated trading process. This allows them to focus on choosing the best overall strategy given the current market conditions. We are constantly developing our software tools to give traders more and better opportunities to beat the market. Because traders must be able to rely on the correct operation of these tools, the maintenance of the current systems is also of great importance.
Because the market continues to develop and the countries where Northpool trades continue to expand, it is important that our Trading Software is always up to date and that it is constantly expanded.
As a (Junior) Software Engineer you work directly with the Senior Software Engineer and with the traders of the Intraday Trading Desk. Together we look at the software requirements, you determine the technical possibilities. By developing this software, you make a major impact on the trades that are made.
Your challenge? Using your technical knowledge to make our traders perform as well as possible.
Your goal? Developing the software that keeps us ahead of the other market players.
- Outstanding analytical skills
- A strong responsibility
- Good social and communication skills
- Experience with (object orientated) programming
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Logical reason & problem-solving attitude
- 0-5 years work experience
- Eye for perfection
- Ability to communicate fluently in English
- A technical or analytical background
- Experience with C#
- Interest in trading
- A fast learner
- A proactive and flexible work mentality
- Training, continuous learning and development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package
- Annual performance-based bonus
- A non-hierarchical workplace
- Young and highly motivated teammates
- Ownership in your work
- A fun workplace, where no two days are ever the same
- Plenty of social events!
Location: for this vacancy we need you to live in The Netherlands. Also, the application procedure will take place at our office in Leiden.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.